If you are looking for the current contest (2015) guidelines, go HERE!
I Must Be Off! wants your travel essays. They could be informative, humorous, compelling, or thought-provoking. Or all of the above. They should grab the reader and take them on a journey to a place you love or hate or at least feel passionate about. Here are the guidelines:
- Maximum 1000 words
- Edited to the best of your ability for spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Up to three photos may be submitted with your entry (photos NOT necessary to win, but pretty)
- Previously unpublished essays only! Blog posts are considered published.
- No entry fee. Yes, that's right. But may we suggest that you join the site and encourage your 5000 Facebook friends to do the same? Also NOT necessary to win, but very pretty!
- Open to anyone worldwide, but you need a PayPal account
- One entry per person
- Deadline for submissions: May 31, 2013
- Send entries with a 50-word bio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading TRAVEL ESSAY CONTEST
- Word doc files only. NO docx or open office files can be accepted.
Two winners will each receive $50 and of course the honor of winning the First Annual I Must Be Off! Travel Essay Contest. Two runners up will receive Dorothee Lang and Smitha Murthy's incredible book Worlds Apart.
If you have questions about the contest, please send I Must Be Off! an email at the address above.
I must be off,
Christopher Allen is the author of Conversations with S. Teri O'Type (a Satire), available from Amazon Anything in paperback and Kindle.